For Windows XP or greater
< HRwin now is freeware! >
- Create beautiful post-game printouts for your club quickly and easily!
- Prepare hand-records for at-the-table duplication.
- Manage hand preparation for multi-site games.
- Exchange Portable Bridge Notation (PBN) files with other media such as
card-dealing machines and websites.
- Top-quality uncluttered printouts are designed for maximal readability, including
real "10" characters as well as cosmetic
character-spacing adjustments not found elsewhere.
- Double-dummy hand analyses by Bo Haglund's ultra-fast solver yield totally accurate
results for all possible contracts. Included is the "Absolute Par"
result for each deal.
- Duping Sheet — a special director's aid enables faster board preparation for
those duplicating by hand.
- Choice of fonts for page header.
- Optional color printing of the card symbols on player printouts.
- Accommodates a secure multi-user environment.
- Runs faster than equivalent software by the leading vendor.
- A proprietary random-seed function prevents anticipation of the
hands — even by someone with the same software.
- For security reasons, no editing of hands is possible.
- A proven shuffling algorithm generates an entire set of boards within one second.
- The complicated double-dummy analyses rarely require more than half a minute for
an entire set of 36 boards.
Note: Previously, HRwin had been
offered for sale. The increasing popularity of card-dealing
machines, however, has changed the landscape. Today, those vendors include software
for generating random hands and producing double-dummy
analyses — features that previously were unavailable except
from dedicated programs such as HRwin. Additionally,
other hand-generator software now is available online, albeit
mostly with terrible interfaces.
For those reasons I have made HRwin freely available to
all. Despite all the technological advancement in the field,
HRwin remains the easiest program of its type to use, and it
continues to produce the best-looking printouts to be found
Place this archive file wherever you wish to create the program folder.
Once the files have been extracted from the Zipfile, you may move them elsewhere
(but keep them bundled together) or rename the /HANDREC folder as desired.
To get started, I recommend that you read the online user reference; just access
the Help link provided on the program screen, or go here:
<HRwin User Manual>
Bridge hand duplication
Ted's Bridge World
DeepFinesse Double-Dummy Solver