For Windows XP or greater
< HRwin now is freeware! >
- Create beautiful post-game printouts for your club quickly and easily!
- Prepare hand-records for at-the-table duplication.
- Manage hand preparation for multi-site games.
- Exchange Portable Bridge Notation (PBN) files with other media such as
card-dealing machines and websites.
- Top-quality uncluttered printouts are designed for maximal readability,
including real "10" characters as well as cosmetic
character-spacing adjustments not found elsewhere.
- Double-dummy hand analyses by Bo Haglund's
yield totally accurate results for all possible contracts.
Included is the "Absolute Par" result for each deal.
- Duping Sheet — a special director's aid enables faster board
preparation for those duplicating by hand.
- Choice of fonts for page header.
- Optional color printing of the card symbols on player printouts.
- Accommodates a secure multi-user environment.
- Runs faster than equivalent software by the leading vendor.
- A proprietary random-seed function prevents anticipation of the
hands — even by someone with the same software.
- For security reasons, no editing of hands is possible.
- A proven shuffling algorithm generates an entire set of boards
within one second.
- The complicated double-dummy analyses rarely require more than
half a minute for an entire set of 36 boards.
Note: Previously, HRwin
had been offered for sale. The increasing popularity of
card-dealing machines, however, has changed the landscape.
Today, those vendors include software for generating random hands and
producing double-dummy analyses — features that
previously were unavailable except from dedicated programs such as
HRwin. Additionally, other
hand-generator software now is available online, albeit mostly
with terrible interfaces.
For those reasons I have made HRwin
freely available to all. Despite all the technological advancement
in the field, HRwin remains the easiest
program of its type to use, and it continues to produce the
printouts to be found anywhere.
Place this archive file wherever you wish to create the program
folder. Once the files have been extracted from the Zipfile,
you may move them elsewhere (but keep them bundled together) or rename
the /HANDREC folder as desired.
To get started, I recommend that you read the online user reference;
just access the Help link provided on the program screen, or go here:
<HRwin User Manual>