Pages created by Ted Muller of
- SITE FORMAT: With just a couple of noted exceptions, all writings
and other preparation are my own. The mission is to feature unique and original
material, presented with perfect spelling and relatively flawless grammar. Page
construction is simple and uncluttered. For you this means no advertisements, no
pop-ups, no frames or difficult-to-navigate sections, no "mystery
meat", no redundant copyright warnings, and no hijacking of browser controls.
Due to formatting issues, pages are constrained to a width of 1024 pixels. Within
that framework, users can adjust text sizes with CTRL+ and CTRL-. There are no
special accommodations for mobile devices.
- EMAIL: Constructive comments always are appreciated.
If you find something interesting or useful, or should you encounter a factual error,
an HTML error, or a downloading problem, I would be pleased to hear from you.
If, however, you merely wish to be arbitrary or spout your own agenda, then I will
defend to the death your right to... go away.
- MY AVATAR: His name is Petey; he's an accurate-to-scale
representation of a Paiute Indian petroglyph at the magnificent Lagomarsino
Site in northern Nevada.
- PIANO: I first took up the instrument at age five;
now I am the proud owner of a Yamaha Disklavier Mark III, a most powerful and
- BRIDGE: I have been playing and directing duplicate games
for more than fifty years. Play problems and analytical software are particular
- THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Virtually my entire life has been spent in
proximity to the northern Sierra Nevada. Next to experiencing these mountains'
first-hand, visiting our nation's prettiest and most special places is
the best thing. An added bonus is the opportunity to share my photos of these
- THE SOAPBOX: This is my website; so I can rant and rave
as I please.
- GRAPHICS: The artwork and cartoons reflect the talent of my late
wife, Pam deGaines. Fractal images were created with the
- MATH RECREATIONS: I have spent a lifetime fascinated by
numbers — exploring the wonders of such things as mental arithmetic
and calculator mastery. While making no claim of original thought,
I do hope that my findings have meaning for someone.
- COMPUTER STUFF: As a programmer and former Novell Administrator,
I also am a diehard BASIC aficionado. Having cut my teeth on
I subsequently graduated to PowerBASIC and its industry-leading capabilities.
- FUN & GAMES: Miscellaneous diversions not applicable to
- ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHS: Virtually all images were shot hand-held,
and all are my own unless otherwise specified. Photos taken prior to the summer
of 2006 were captured on 35mm film and scanned from prints. Little editing is
done in the lab; in general, what you see is what was there.
- SHAMELESS PLUG: My pages are compliant with the strictest
standards of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Very few websites are in such conformance, because the requisite time and effort
are beyond the interests of all but a dedicated few for whom quality of workmanship
is paramount. Most importantly, however, this configuration enables proper
rendering of the pages by any modern browser.